Head differance (ΔH) across the filter media pushes fluid against resistance.
- Higher the ΔH better the efficiency.
- Gravity filters have a ΔH of 100 to 300mm.
- ΔH in vacuum filters is upto 3500mm.
Advantages of Vacuum Filters.
- Vacuum filters primarily work on Vacuum principle.
- Vacuum is created in a chamber by pump suction or ventury.
- The chamber forms the bottom portion of tank which receives the dirty fluid from machine.
- Filter media ( paper / mesh ) is laid on top of this chamber.
- Fluid passes through media to chamber.
- Dirt is collected on the media.
- When media chokes, vacuum increases which is sensed by switch.
- Dirt media is pulled out by geared motor.
- Media consumtions drops by 80% compared to gravity filter.