- Head differance (ΔH) across the filter media pushes fluid against resistance.
- Gravity filters have a ΔH of 100 to 300mm.
- Filter media is laid on perforated tray / conveyor. This if fitted on tank.
- Dirty fluid drops on the media.
- Clean fluid is collected in the tank below and pumped back.
- When media chokes, level starts rising above the media. This is sensed by a level switch.
- Dirty media is pulled out by geared motor.
- Most simplest form of filtration.
- Maintainence friendly.
- Magnetic seperator can be added for Cast Iron / Steel grinding.