FAQ-Frequently Asked Questions
Filtration is primarily used to removed dirt/swarf from metal working fluids. Filtration has various benefits:
- Improves life of fluid.
- Improves product finish and accuracy.
- Increases tool life.
- Eliminates clogging of nozzles,pipes and heat exchangers.
- Keeps machine bed clean, reduces wear and tear of slides.
- Keeps enviornment in and around machines clean and healthy.
WHICH TYPE OF FILTRATION?
Type of filtration depends upon your process, finish required, fluid used and material of component being processed. Please contact us to select a suitable combination of products. We will be pleased to assist you in selecting the same.
HOW FINE SHOULD WE FILTER?
The dirt entering the fluid primarily consists of material removed from job and particles of tool. Finer the operation, finer the particle size generated, finer is the filtration required.
Typically a grinding machine with wheel of 400 grit size requires a filtration level of 10 microns ( suitable product – Vacuum filter ) and a honing machine with a wheel grit of 1200 grit requires a 1 micron filtration to work effciently ( suitable product – Backwashable candle filter )
WHAT IS THE IDEAL SIZE OF FILTRATION SYSTEM?
Sizing of filtration system depends mainly on flow,particle size generated and viscocity of fluid. Smaller the particle size larger the filtration area required. Higher the viscocity of fluid larger the filtration area required.
Sizing of any filtration system takes into consideration the fact that ‘dirt filters dirt’, hence a layer of dirt will act as a filter media and enhance efficiency of filtration.
Our technicians will collect all required data before suggesting a filtration system.
INDIVIDUAL OR CENTRALISED?
Individual systems cater to a single machine while a centralised system caters to group of machines performaing similar processes.
Centralised is always a better option when machines can be grouped together. Our teams works with your process planner to plan a layout to make this possible. We have interacted with customers right from plant design, process layout to positioning of various components at the design stage itself.
Various benefits of having a centralised system include:
- Large saving in power – upto 25%
- Collant life typically increases by 10 times.
- Shop area can be saved as system can be placed outside the plant.
- All dirt handling is outside the shop, keeping the working area clean.
- In-direct labour costs are low as single point maintainence and monitoring is sufficient.
- Typically ROI – Return on investment is within 1 to 1.5 years.